Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Politics in the city

I went to a political debate last night, held at a local bar for the race for Mayor. As I left the house, I thought to myself: "This is the only way I could be persuaded to go to a debate - at a bar."

It was okay. The candidates talked too much and often didn't answer the question. There was some heckling from the audience - which was kind of annoying. The local self-proclaimed minister of culture thought he should engage in kind of bratty heckling. It was childish, but I guess that's what you get in a bar. I would probably go back to another debate at a similar place but would only have one beer. I'm feeling pretty cruddy today after 2 and a half. Though I really enjoyed the Ephemere beer - flavored with green apple, coriander, and curacao. DEE-lish.

No comments: